Tuesday 19 November 2013

30 days of thankfulness- day 19

Today I am thankful for babies. All of them!  But especially mine of course.

I had the pleasure of visiting a friend and her newborn baby and gorgeous toddler son last week and could I be feeling a little bit clucky after that... YES!!!

I'm always clucky, I love everything there is to love about babies. I suck up their divinely baby smell and it just makes me smile.

I loved every second of my pregnancies, but that could have a lot to do with the fact that I was severely ripped off and was robbed of half of it when Campbell arrived. Nobody was ever going to hear me complain about how long it dragged on with the next two- I savoured every minute of the back pain and heart burn...well mostly tolerated it as politely as possible ;) I really did love the excitement, the anticipation, the thrill of wondering who this little person would be.
 After being told that this may never eventuate for us, it was a very, very happy moment each and every time that stick showed the lines that meant BABY. It is not an easy road for many and I am extremely grateful that our hiccups were relatively minor.

So this week I have been cluck, cluck, clucking and pondering the final departure of the cot. I know it is quite silly to still have it, but it is that last little thread that ties me to those baby days. I am ready to let go and accept that my family is growing up and moving into new and exciting phases. I am ready to admit that it is rather nice to sleep at night. It is a relief to not have to have room in the boot for a wheelchair AND a pram. It is best to be thankful for the 3 amazing boys we have been blessed with and to snatch up other peoples babies whenever I see an opportunity, and inhale that baby smell until my lungs collapse.


No comments:

Post a Comment