Monday 18 November 2013

30 days of thankfulness- day 18

Today I am thankful for a chance to catch up.

I have been thankful for many things each day and often jotted down the things that came to mind. Today I have had a moment to sit and write it all down.

It does feel like an indulgence most days to stop to write, when there are so many other things that need doing. But it is a wonderful mood lifter. Sometimes a little mood lift is far more beneficial than ticking things of the list.

I have been caught up in lovely jobs and fun things and I am thankful that today I have had a moment to reflect on it all and just feel happy.

I also got to sneak in a little date with my hubby today. Just brace yourself for the excitement I am about to share.... he had to pick up fencing supplies and hay today for the school farm...and I got to tag along!!! Not the most exciting and romantic of dates but it was some precious time together ON OUR OWN! We got to chat without interruption while listening to the music WE wanted to listen to. As much as we love our boys and are very, very thankful to have them, it is lovely to just be us for a moment. One little moment to just pause and be happy for all that is ours- even when that means we are towing a trailer full of hay.


2 comments: