Wednesday 8 May 2013

Jonas makes dessert!

I couldn't go past a $15 box of mandarins today. It was only when I filled one rather large bowl, and then another...and then a third that I started to think my locusts may not get through them as quickly as I thought.
The recipe search began with all sorts of tempting options!
Joe and I decided on chocolate mandarin mousse. Never heard of it?? Well it's one we kind of made up on our own.



Here's the explanation:










1, 2, 3 inhale!!!



The actual recipe:

125g dark chocolate
1 Tablespoon of mandarin juice (you could use orange juice instead)
4 eggs (separated)
300ml thickened cream.

You'll have to beat the egg white to soft peaks  (in case it wasn't clear in Joe's explanation).

2 comments:

  1. No matter how cute Joe is there is no way I will ever be convinced that chocolate with any kind of orange flavouring is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The truth is you actually couldn't even taste it!! Go ahead and make yourself a batch without the citrus- call if you need further instructions from the chef ;)

      Delete