Tuesday 28 May 2013

Childhood sweethearts.

Yesterday my funny Campbell asked our car load of 6 year old boys if they have any childhood sweethearts yet. I burst into laughter...and then a few piped up- apparently they did! Some even claimed to have had a kiss!
Who am I to judge, perhaps they have already met the love of their life. I know that for some people the search for their soul mate can take them on a long journey of discovery, while others have them stumble right across their path.
I heard on the radio yesterday that one couple found a family photo of the husband in a stroller at Disneyland, only to realise that his wife was right there in the photo as a little girl! They were not there together, had never met and where both in a foreign country at the time. They only realised after years of marriage that they were destined to cross paths and be together eventually.

I was blessed to have the love of my life in the house next door- now tell me that wasn't meant to be. I have a snap shot memory of the first time I saw my future husband. The image is crystal clear with the sunshine blurring the edges. It was over the tap in the front yard of our mutual neighbour while we were vying to fill up our containers quickly for the raging neighbourhood water fight. I swear that time stood still for a moment while that image imprinted itself into my memory- remember this boy he will be the father of your children. It may have been love at first sight but we were only 11 years old and that's an awkward age for declaring your undying love to a boy you just threw a bucket of water all over. It took a few years for us to realise our good fortune and we haven't ever had reason to question fate.

That blue eyed boy was unquestionably meant just for me. He is my anchor, my right-hand man and he brings out the best in me. He is an amazing father who is unselfish, solid and dependable but also quick to soothe, settle and encourage.

So my ever optimistic Campbell, you just never know when or where you will meet your love. I can only hope that my beautiful boys find love with the person who brings them joy and love.




8 comments:

  1. Awwww <3

    On Canarys Road? I'm having flashbacks now! hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Canarys Rd- my neighbour at that house was Kent Dalton!!! I got lucky twice didn't I. Kent was my very first best friend.

      Delete
    2. Awww that's right! I remember hanging out with you both when I was at your house :) Yeah, Kent's pretty cool! hehe

      Delete
    3. Kent is lovely and was the sweetest best buddy. There are some hilariously cute photos of us that I must ask Mum for.

      Delete
  2. How perfect x beautiful union x oh I love the Disney story too. While I am no romantic at all Andrew did come into my life when he was 17 ( I was 19) at my sisters going away party. ( we found him in video footage) but it wasn't until 8 years later at another party that we spoke to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Bron! You need to share your story now.

      Delete